The ESA Business Incubation Centre in Darmstadt, Germany, was founded in 2007 and is managed by Centrum für Satellitennavigation Hessen (cesah). The centre offers business start-up support as well as technical expertise in different space related areas, and in particular in satellite navigation, data systems, software systems and navigation test environments.
Innovative Start-ups using Space Technology
cesah - the Centre for Satellite Navigation Hesse is a centre of competence for space technologies supported by its shareholders State of Hessen, Darmstadt City of Science and renown industrial and research institutions. cesah manages the ESABusiness Incubation Centre (BIC) Darmstadt and is the ESA Technology Transfer Broker for Germany.
ESA BIC Darmstadt
On behalf of ESA, cesah operates the ESA Business Incubation Center (BIC) Darmstadt and supports innovative startup companies in technical realisation and market implementation of new products and services applying space technologies. In close cooperation and with technical and financial support from ESA, companies receive the necessary support.
cesah is a central point of contact for innovative business ideas in applying space technologies. A key success factor for companies being supported is the integration of cesah in a network of experts. cesah organizes technology and application-specific events and is the regional point of contact for the Hessian participation in the European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC).
Our start-ups focus on Satellite Navigation, Satellite Communication, Earth Observation and Software Engineering technologies for applications in the field of transport, i.e. aviation, maritime, road and rail traffic as well as in geodesy and agriculture.
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company have to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
How to apply?
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.