About Drone Hopper
DRONE HOPPER is a heavy-duty drone designed to provide aerial support for wildfires firefighting. This is a high tech solution that permits its adaptability to different conditions, including night operations, required any moment to control wildfires.
- Parque científico Universidad Carlos III Madrid
- +34 620 55 02 3
Each drone has a maximum capacity of loading up to 300 liters of water and a size of 160 cm (diameter) by 50 cm (height).
The selected configuration provides a compact, stable, and failure-tolerant solution. The drone includes structural modifications in order to transport and nebulize up to 300 litres of water in a safe and controlled manner. It also includes control systems, thermographic cameras, and navigation systems.
· DRONE HOPPER can transport and release water mist directly into the seat of the fire.
· Its design permits guiding the water mist jet directly over the seat of fire.
· Each mission with 300 liters of water could cover from 50 to 100 meters of fire, depending on the spray intensity required to extinguish it.
· The drones are transported by land and take off from a location close to the fire. (Land mode).
· The system is able to act in coordinated teams quickly covering wide areas of the fire.
· This system could be adapted to different types of aircraft to launch it at certain altitude above the fire. (Air mode).