Creating the right opportunities for start-ups
Inspired by space?
We help entrepreneurs to turn their space-connected business ideas into commercial companies with:
- Up to two years of business incubation at an ESA BIC of your choice
- Up to 80 hours of technical support from leading experts in the region and from ESA on a case-by-case basis
- Business coaching
- Legal and IPR advice
- Access to networks helping you to to grow outside your region or country
- ESA BIC or ESA Space Solutions branding
- Participation in workshops and trainings
- Fundraising guidance and opportunities (e.g. EBAN)
- €50K funding for product and IP development
- Arrangement of additional funding (depending of which ESA BIC, this could be a bank loan, a convertible loan, seed money, …)
More than just incubation
The largest single incubation network in Europe
ESA Business Incubation Centres (BICs) are the largest network of space incubators in Europe. The main objective of ESA BICs is to support entrepreneurs with a space based business idea, thereby creating and growing clusters of space related start-ups across Europe.
All ESA BIC are managed by local champions who connect their ESA BICs to their local industry, universities, research organisations, government, and investor communities, while also maintaining strong regional/national links. This makes the ESA BICs very well embedded in the local communities as well as the place of choice for all space related innovation and business.