Model Transformation and Code Generation Software (AADL)
RAMSES is a model transformation and code generation tool that enables a real-time embedded system to be implemented from the specification of its software architecture. RAMSES proceeds by refinement insofar as it produces a simplified version of an AADL model as an intermediate step towards code generation.
- Private group -
- -Read more about this broker
RAMSES (Refinement of AADL Models for Synthesis of Embedded Systems) is a model transformation and code generation tool that produces C code for ARINC653-compliant operating systems (avionics) and OSEK-compliant operating systems (automotive). RAMSES interfaces with OSATE2 and proposes a command-line interface to OSATE2. RAMSES proceeds by refinement insofar as it produces a simplified version of an AADL model as an intermediate step towards code generation. This simplified model includes a behaviour annex sub clause that expresses the behaviour resulting from the expansion of AADL components and has a better consideration of non-functional requirements such as memory footprint and running time during the analysis.
Innovations & Advantages
- Model close to the generated model, allowing a more relevant analysis of the model.
- Time saving in the validation process (automatic consideration of running parameters during the analysis).
- Better consideration of non-functional requirements (memory footprint, running time).
- Requirements traceability between the conceptual model and the implementation model.
- Automatic formulation of a compromise between non-functional requirements during code generation (this step needs a coupling simulator).
- Automation of redundant systems production through exploitation of the model transformation.
- AADL-model transformation
- Produces C code for ARINC653-compliant operating systems and OSEK-compliant operating systems
- Scheduling analysis and real-time simulation through an interface AADL Inspector from Ellidiss Technologies
- Multi-platform solution: OS/Apps
- Interoperability with AADL tools (Taste, Topcased, Osate?)
- Open source licence (EPL ? Eclipse Public License)
Current and Potential Domains of Application
Real time embedded systems:
- Aerospace, Defence & Security through the production of C code for ARINC653-compliant operating systems (Avionics Application Standard Software Interface)
- Automotive industry through the production of C code for OSEK compliant operating systems (Open Systems and their Interfaces for the Electronics in Motor Vehicles)
- Railway & Nuclear: credible alternative to event-B and Marte languages